During our 10:15 AM Sunday worship service, we offer Children’s Church for children aged 4 years and up.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
- Who: Children ages 4 years old through fifth grade. Junior high & high school students are encouraged to sign up to help out as apprentices!
- What: an age appropriate lesson and response to the love of God revealed in Jesus
- When: Children & Leaders are dismissed after the announcements at the 10:15 service and return for Holy Communion (approximately 30 minutes total).
- When: Children’s Church will NOT meet on the last Sunday of the month. This is to both ease the burden on our volunteer leaders and to have one Sunday a month where we’re all gathered together for worship.
- Where: Children’s Church is meeting in the Parish Hall this fall.
- Why: Because we answered “we will” when we were asked at the baptism of our children if we would do all in our power to support these persons in their life in Christ.
- How: Using God’s Big Story curriculum from our Anglican friends in Canada
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR VOLUNTEERS
- Volunteers will be asked to sign up for Sundays on a monthly sign up sheet
- Children’s Church does not meet on the last Sunday of the month
- Alison is leading for the first 6 weeks, then we’re inviting other volunteers to take turns leading.
- We need at least one leader and one helper each week.
- During the first 6 weeks, we’re asking every volunteer to serve at least 4 times. This will prepare volunteers to take turns leading Children’s Church throughout the year.
- If you sign up to lead or to help, you’ll be provided with lesson materials and direction